alternative text

SHOWHOUSE

Our show house viewings and presentations are available every Wednesday at 3pm. No need to book.

Extra show house viewing and presentation:
Sat, May 25th 2024 at 12pm

How to find us…

More previous houses built (click here for photo gallery)...

Forum

Forum2022-09-30T17:05:14+01:00
Please to create posts and topics. If you are a customer and want an account please send an email to forum@scanhome.ie.

H214DCU - A3 BER

Hi folks,

Having recently installed Solar PV I had to get a BER certificate to be eligible for the SEAI Grant.  My house achieved an A3 rating. My assessor confirmed I was closer to a A2 than a B3 and was penalised by not having a Heat pump for space and water heating.

In my house I use the Electric UFH supplied by Lars running on Night saver per my blog

A Scandinavian Passive House in Galway.: Heating strategy for our Passive House (h214dcu.blogspot.com)

All the best, Declan

Uploaded files:
Nils Pettersson has reacted to this post.
Nils Pettersson

Hi Declan, the BER is complicated issue and does not really predict the energy performance of houses, particularly for low energy houses unfortunately. The main issue like you said is the BER`s obsession with air to water heat pumps, where if you don't have one you can pretty much forget about getting a high rating.

Another component is the thermal bridge calculations. If you had these done (at a cost of about 2000EUR) you would get an A2. We have these for the BER calculations of our new houses but because of minimal changes in our construction they cannot be applied on houses older than a few years.

Go to Top