alternative text

SHOWHOUSE

Our show house viewings and presentations are available every Wednesday at 3pm. No need to book.

Extra show house viewing and presentation:
Sat, May 25th 2024 at 12pm

How to find us…

More previous houses built (click here for photo gallery)...

Forum

Forum2022-09-30T17:05:14+01:00
Please to create posts and topics. If you are a customer and want an account please send an email to forum@scanhome.ie.

Underfloor Heating Problem

Hi,

I'm having problems with the looron/off switch for the main underf heating in my house, which serves three rooms, being too hot for the on/off switch.

It has got so hot that it had started to melt two switches to date and I rarely, rarely use it.

The system doesn't have a thermostat on it; Scan Homes didn't include one in the equipment provided when the house was being built. They did however supply three Devi thermostat timers for the downstairs and upstairs bathrooms and the utility room.

And advice appreciated. Go raibh maith agaibh.

What sort of switch have others used and have you uese a thermostast on your system

Hi Máirtin,

I checked, you have two 270W cables and one 2295W cable in your foundation.  The large cable is thought to be controlled by a simple mechanical timer, like those used for all immersion heater tanks in the past.  They are capable of handling 3000W.  If you use a thermostat it must be able to handle more than 2295W.

At 230 V,  using  2300 W will draw 10A,  but it is advisable to use a switching device that can handle a little more. The DEVI thermostats we carry nowadays are rated 10A so they are just a little weak for your load.

Hope that helped    ATB Lars

Quote from Lars Pettersson on 19 January 2024, 18:03

Hi Máirtin,

I checked, you have two 270W cables and one 2295W cable in your foundation.  The large cable is thought to be controlled by a simple mechanical timer, like those used for all immersion heater tanks in the past.  They are capable of handling 3000W.  If you use a thermostat it must be able to handle more than 2295W.

At 230 V,  using  2300 W will draw 10A,  but it is advisable to use a switching device that can handle a little more. The DEVI thermostats we carry nowadays are rated 10A so they are just a little weak for your load.

Hope that helped    ATB Lars

Thanks for info, Lars,

Incidentally, any word about the gutter fittings I ordered last summer?

Máirtín

Go to Top